Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sweet Girl

I finally scrapbooked yesterday. My room is a disaster because I haven't cleaned up from all the anniversary prototypes, but I just pushed it aside and sat down. I want to try to do 15 minutes a day of something related to stamping or scrapbooking; whether that be actually stamping or scrapbooking, or cleaning my room or sorting photos. I haven't been very successful lately though. We were camping and it's taken me awhile to get caught up from being gone.

Last night, however, I decided that I would just sit down and do it. I had a hundred other things to do, but I figured that if I don't make it a priority, I'll never do it. It's always hard to get back into the groove after I haven't created in awhile, and last night was no exception. I struggled a lot. I think part of it was the paper pack I was using. I wanted to use one of my new ones, so I chose Sweet Threads by Basic Grey. There are lots of pretty papers, but it was just a bit outside my comfort zone, so I struggled a bit. When it was all done, I think it turned out OK and sometimes OK is good enough. It was certainly better in the end than I thought it would be when I was in the middle!


No comments:

Post a Comment