Sunday, April 10, 2011

CASE'd Flower

Kayla had a birthday party to go to yesterday and so she needed to make a card. She wanted to cut some flowers out with the Cricut and layer them onto her card. So, we grabbed the Accent Essentials cartridge and started cutting. When it was all done, I was very impressed with how it turned out.

Fast forward to today and I needed to make a card, so I case'd my daughter's flower card. I made a few changes, but for the most part, the design was hers. She thought it was very cool that I copied one of her cards.

I cut out three flowers; one at 4" one at 3.5" and one at 3". They were kind of plain, so I stamped the background stamp from Tim Holtz' "I See Paris" set (I use this background all the time). Then I inked the edges of each flower using my little dauber and it helped differentiate the layers. Then I used pop dots to adhere the different flowers and added a brad in the middle. I wanted to add a little bit more, so I used some of my little Dazzles to go around the center and I loved it. I added the leaves and I was done.

1 comment: