Friday, April 1, 2011

Razzle Dazzle Colleen

It was my friend Colleen's birthday a few weeks ago and I was a bad friend and hadn't made her card. After I unpacked all my new product the other day, I was totally motivated to use some of it.

Here is her card:


The butterflies are made out of modeling film which I had never heard of. I saw it as a new product, so I added it to my order and I LOVE it. It is really so cool! I have it in a clear and black. You cut it (I used the Tim Holtz Butterflies die) and then I stamped in Silver Staz On and heat set it a bit. Then you heat the film (it's actually quite thick) with a heat gun and manipulate and mold it until it cools. If it isn't what you want, heat it again and move it some more. When it cools, it holds its shape. I was very happy with how the butterflies turned out. The saying is from the new Tim Holtz set: Stuff to Say.


Another new product I ordered were Dazzles. They're kind of like the jewels that are so popular, but they're more of a flat sticker. Each sheet has 3 different sizes and I think 540 Dazzles. You peel of the negative and save it for some future use and then you can use the little metallic dots for embellishing. I used the mini ones to create a trail behind the butterflies. They look very cool in person.

Here is what the sheets look like with the negative peeled off (sorry the picture isn't very good; they're so shiny it's hard to get a good photo).


I ordered several colours: Silver, Gold, Blue, Purple, Red & Green. Here are what some of the other colours look like:
They're very economical too at $2.25/sheet. I only have a few sheets right now since I wasn't sure what they were and if people would be interested in them. If there is enough interest, I'll stock more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment