Thursday, April 7, 2011

Product Focus: Tim Holtz Gridblocks

Sometimes I feel like I have nothing to say and share and other times, I feel like I could post multiple times a day.

Lately, it's been feeling like multiple times. I have been trying to refrain from talking that much though, less people get sick of me.

My last order had these Gridblocks by Tim Holtz that my friend Jackie told me to try out. Well, I opened them yesterday and am in love. I know I shouldn't be shocked since I seem to like just about anything Tim Holtz puts his name on. It is a set of 9 acrylic blocks, but they are very thin (1/8"). I was worried when I first opened them since they seemed so thin and I was concerned that they wouldn't be sturdy enough. I don't know why I even let that thought flitter through my head since they are awesome. They are so lightweight. They are going to be so great for traveling too and they take up a fraction of the space all my old blocks did.

The set includes 9 blocks:
8x4"
3x4"
6x4"
6.5x5"
2x2"
3x2"
2x7"
1x5"
1x2"

Each block has a light grid printed on so you can make sure your stamps are straight. And even though they're thin, they are so easy to use and hold.

I actually took all my old, gross, cracked and dirty acrylic blocks and threw them out yesterday because these will be my go to ones for now on.

And the best part?? The set of 9 is only $22! That is such a great deal for 9 acrylic blocks. I'm going to order some more since I know people will love them too. Let me know if you want me to hold a set for you.


This picture makes them a bit hard to see, but I wanted to try to show you all the blocks you get. I spread them out on a 12x12 sheet and I still had to put some on top of others. I just thought it might be helpful to see them all laid out. The gridlines are at 1/2" intervals I believe so you can see the different sizes. I'm actually missing one block in the photo because I was using it last night and didn't put it back (oops).

No comments:

Post a Comment