Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm Still Alive

It's been forever since I posted. I am still alive although some days I wonder. I have been very preoccupied this month. They are planning on building these huge powerlines near my home and I have been spending more time lately fighting them. I had to do a presentation to the Alberta Utilities Commission last week and I spent a ton of time beforehand preparing. Now we are in the middle of an election and I have been campaigning. The good news is that the bulk of stuff should be done by this time next week and I can have my hobby back.

I did have a really fun demo day last week. It was the only stamping I had done all month, so it was very nice to get back into it. Of course, as soon as it was done, I got busy again, but I stamped tonight and worked on samples for my May Kayric Club. Although it's stressful, sometimes, to come up with something, it's great that I'm forced to do it. I made 4 sample cards and so I'm happy with that.

I am going to a retreat tomorrow and I am not ready at all. I hadn't cleaned up my craft room from my demo day last weekend and then Kayla's been in there a few times so it's a real mess. I shoved everything aside to play tonight and so now it's into disaster territory. I need to get it organized so I can pack for my retreat, but that will be tomorrow.

I'm going to challenge myself to post something every day in May. I always start out great, so we'll see how it goes.

Here is another Aged Metal card. I can't remember if I ever did come back and explain how to do this technique, but if I didn't, then it's very simple. You will need a Shimmer Sheet, embossing folder and Staz On ink pad. Run your Shimmer Sheet through your embossing folder and then ink the raised edges with your Staz On. You will need to give it a few minutes to dry or heat set it. It's so simple, yet such a pretty effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment