Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mother of Pearl

The technique for May was Mother of Pearl. It's a cool technique with Lumiere Paint and Distress Inks. It's a kind of resist and for those who know me, they know I love just about any type of resist.

This technique called for dabbing Lumiere paint onto white matte cardstock with scrunched up saran wrap. Then you heat set it (if you're impatient like me) or put it aside to dry. Then just apply Distress Inks overtop with a blending tool (I love the Tim Holtz Blending Foams). Then spritz paper towel with a bit of water and wipe off the ink from the Lumiere. You have a beautiful metallic resist.

As I was doing this, I started thinking. I wonder if you can stamp with the Lumiere instead of just dabbing it on and it worked great. I spread some Lumiere paint on my craft sheet and used some solid stamps. Then you can overstamp. If you stamp with Distress Inks overtop of the Lumiere, they won't stick to the Lumiere, but that creates a unique effect in itself. You can use Chalk Ink if you want it to stick.


For this card, I used my favorite Tim Holtz Set (Reindeer Flight). I love those trees! I stamped them with silver Lumiere paint and added two colours of green Distress Ink. Then I overstamped with Forest Moss Distress Ink because I wanted the green trees to be in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment