Thursday, June 9, 2011

Organization

I know it's been forever since I posted. I have not been in a very creative mood lately and I have barely stamped in the last month. I find it really hard to get back into it if I haven't done it in awhile and then I get overwhelmed. There are days I feel like just selling it all off and giving up.

Thankfully, those days pass and eventually I end up back in my room. It often takes scheduling a friend to come over and stamp or scrapbook with me. It's fun to have the company and I often actually make something I like. Then I get motivated and am excited to get back into it.

I had my friend Jackie over a week or two ago and she was showing me the technique she's teaching on Saturday (I'm going to help her). Jackie does very gorgeous, very intricate work and she taught me a beautiful technique. Of course, I'm lazy and lost focus after the first few steps, so I adapted the technique and I quite like it. It's so great how we can all start out with the same thing and end up with something so different.

I then had my cousin over yesterday and I finally finished putting titles on the layouts I did at the retreat a month and a half ago. I do think that the two days that Jackie and Debbie came over are the only time I have spent in that room in the past month, but the desire to go back in there is getting stronger and so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get over this hump and get back into the swing of things.

I got two packages this week full of goodies. I was worried about the once since it comes from the US and with the strike, but it managed to make it here anyway. I'll be throwing up some of the new stuff this week as I'm going to try to keep this blog updated.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm rather anal about organization. I get so excited when I go into a store that sells organizational goodies. It's better than a candy store for me. So, I ordered a magazine "Creative Spaces" which showcases Scrapbook and Stamping Rooms and organizational ideas. I have just briefly flipped through it, but I'm salivating at these rooms. And while, I'll never have a huge studio, I always find neat ideas from these larger rooms. I can't wait to sit down and quietly look through it.

I have one extra magazine for sale for $16.00 if anyone is interested.


I'm hoping to be back here more often now. Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment