Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thanks Jackie

First of all, I need to say Congratulations to my friend, Jackie Smith (check out her blog) as she was published in the "Stamper's Sampler: Catch Up Issue." She is very talented and I am so excited for her.

Jackie and I, although we share a name, are somewhat different when we stamp. Jackie does the most gorgeous intricate cards. There is so much detail and they must be seen in person to truly understand what went into them.

I helped Jackie teach a class recently and so she had come over a couple of times to show me what we were doing. She does this gorgeous background and then stamps flowers and leaves and cuts them out to use as embellishments. The end result was stunning, but more work than I usually put into my cards. So, I played with her technique and did just the first few steps and created backgrounds that I really liked.

For those who know me, they know I tend to do very simple cards. Mostly because I'm lazy and don't have a lot of time to stamp, so I need to be quick and efficient. I made three cards with her backgrounds and so today, I'll show one.

2 comments:

  1. Jacquie,
    You so kind and thank you for helping me with my class, you were great being Vanna White.
    You are so awesome!!!
    Jackie Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit short for Vanna, but I tried LOL! It was a great class and I love the background.

    ReplyDelete