Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Distress Stripes

I saw a variation of this in one of my Technique Junkies Newsletters and thought it looked very cool and quite simple which made it right up my alley. I used my Distress Markers (which I haven't used nearly enough; darn that not enough time to play with my cool new stuff issue) and the Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper. I tried it on regular white matte cardstock and it didn't work at all. If you are going to use the Distress Markers, you really do need to use the Ranger Paper. It has a coating on it which keeps the ink on the surface.

So, you need three coordinating colours of Distress Markers. I started with the middle colour (light, middle, dark) and drew a few lines in a small area. Then I took the lighter colour and drew lines above and off to the side and I took the dark colour and drew lines below and off to the side of the middle colour. By starting in the middle, I was better able to get it centred. Then I took a mini mister with water and spritzed it to spread the colours. You want to work relatively quick before the markers really dry or else the colour doesn't move very well. When it dried, I just stamped a quick image and saying, mounted it and called it done.

Definitely my kind of card and I do think this might be one of my new favorite techniques.


7 comments:

  1. Really beautiful, awesome card, Jacquie! Great Technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jackie!!! I missed you last month at PMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I don't know why it didn't let me post as me and has me as Anonymous. Weird. It's me, Jacquie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh look, I managed to fix it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the idea! Fast and easy as per usual! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sonja!! I do like quick and simple.

    ReplyDelete