Monday, March 17, 2014

And I'm Back in the Game ...

One of The movies that I really like is "10 Things I Hate About You" and there is a line in the movie where he character thinks he is out of contention for what he wants and then there is a twist and he says, "And I'm back in the game ..." For some reason, I really like that quote and at the moment, it sums up my thoughts on stamping.

I have not stamped in a long time. Not really. Other than a weekend of stamping a few weeks ago, I have not really done anything in my stamp room for months; probably since before Christmas. When I was going away to my weekend away, I was so stressed and overwhelmed about what I was going to work on and what I was going to bring. I shook my head and thought, "This is NOT supposed to be stress-inducing." I gave up all pressure to be totally creative and thought instead that I would just find cards I liked and print them off and try to recreate them. I always find it difficult to get back into the creative groove after being out of it for so long, so it was a good way. And back into the groove I thrust myself. I ended up making over 70 cards of many different designs and I loved the lack of pressure. I don't always have to come up with something new! There are lots of awesome ideas out there and even when we copy them, we always put our own spin on it.

Another reason I haven't been stamping much lately is the fact that my room was a total disaster. The kids get in there and they never truly clean up. And, I am struggling a bit with storage, so when you don't have room for everything, then it's tough to keep on top of it. And looking at the room, it just seemed so overwhelming and I didn't even know where to start. But with any job, the hardest part is starting and I finally did that on Saturday night. I spent a bunch of time in there slowly putting everything away and organizing and I finished it all up on Sunday and now it just makes me so happy!! I am really excited about playing again which makes me smile since I know that it is a good release, and I definitely need that!!

So, here are some pictures of my room all sparkly and clean. I'm planning some more renovations in there, but that will come!! I am loving the big storage unit I made with my brother last fall. I'll post more about that another day.







I've been watching YouTube videos getting ready for a demo I need to do in May and I'm getting excited about all the cool ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment