Sunday, March 30, 2014

Believe in Yourself

My friend, Robin, came over last summer or fall to scrapbook and she brought a photo of a layout she wanted to do but she said she didn't have the paper. I looked at it and thought: I bet we could make something similar. So we gave it a try and I was so thrilled with how it turned out.

We started with white cardstock and added a couple colours of Distress Ink with an Ink Blending Tool. I made sure to leave some white space. Then I placed a large 12x12" stencil over and spritzed with water. I dried it with my heat tool and where the water was changes colour as it reacts with the Distress Inks. These are such cool inks because they are meant to react with water and I'm still always amazed by how it happens. After, I chose a different stencil and spritzed with glimmer mist. I think I might have used some old Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, but I've done this technique many times since, and have just created my own glimmer mist with one of the two colours of Distress Ink I've used; I prefer that since I know it will match perfectly. Then I just started layering on top of the background I've created by stamping in white pigment ink, then Silver Staz On and finally black. I loved how the background turned out and it didn't need much other than the photo (which I also love) and a couple rub ons.





I love this background technique a lot. I always look at it and am amazed that I started with white cardstock. There are so many different layers and it looks so much better in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment