Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Neon? No Way. Yes Way.

Anyone who knows me know that I like dark colours. Throw in some neutrals and lots of black and white and you have me completely figured out. I'm pretty predictable, really.

Imagine my complete surprise when I was at the scrapbook store, ready to pay for some new cardstock and my eye is drawn to the bucket of Washi Tape on the checkout counter. It was like an out of body experience when I reached in, sorted through all of it, and emerged with four rolls of neon bright tape. Of course, the proposed purchase of these new colours required a trip back to the cardstock section to look for new colours, since I was guaranteed I would have nothing at home to match.



In the end, I loved the cards I made. I did one design and then made a ton in each of the four colours. I paired the bright Washi Tape with a strip of black. I've read the design tip to have black in every room because it grounds stuff, and if I didn't believe it before, I sure do now. The cards are still bright, but the strip of black really does ground them.


The stamps are from a set I've had for a couple of years that I pulled out on a whim. I think it's going to become a fun new favorite. The flower is a single stamp and I stamped it several times on a curve. Then stamped it on scrap white and coloured it and cut it out (I don't even recognize myself; neon and cutting all on one card!) and then mounted it with pop dots. The saying was naturally curved so it fit perfect with the flowers. Add a couple strips of Washi Tape and very fast (and bright) card!


1 comment: