Thursday, March 27, 2014

Frozen

I feel Frozen. Seriously. I am so sick of Winter and am anxiously awaiting Spring which seems like it might never come. It seems fitting that since Winter doesn't seem to want to leave, now would be a good time to share a "Frozen" cake.

I generally decorate cakes with either my sister, cousin, or both! It's more fun to do together and since my cousin is so much better at it, it's helpful to have her input and expertise too. My sister always has very grandiose ideas and I sometimes feel at a loss about how to execute them. That was the case with this cake too! She wanted to do a cake from the movie "Frozen" for my niece's birthday party. We looked and looked at ideas, but couldn't find anything we loved, so we ended up taking ideas from a few separate ones along with ideas of our own too, which was somewhat challenging since we didn't really have a clear idea of the end result.

It worked out though and it turned out great! My niece loved it and it was actually really fun to make.






We marbled the blue fondant and made white icicles from gum paste. My cousin modeled an Olaf and we made added some gum paste snowflakes as accents too.

No comments:

Post a Comment