Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another Distress Burst

June's Technique Club technique was Distress Burst. I first saw a variation of this technique in Technique Junkies (if you don't receive it, check it out; it's amazing). She used Bingo daubers, but I don't like those colours, so I never really did it. I did try it with some form of Radiant Rain or something, but I can't remember what the product was. It was one I didn't really like, so I didn't really ever do it.

Fast forward to June and I was sitting at my craft room desk and I had a brainwave and thought I'd try it with Distress Stains. It worked great.

The technique is so easy really. You literally just pounce the Distress Stain down on the paper. The harder you pounce it, the more of a starburst pattern you produce.

The first couple I did, I tried colours I normally like together, but then I didn't know what to do with the background. For this card, I used more colours of the same tone and then used it as a background for an image and then mounted it on a larger card. I really like how it turned out.

The stamps in black are from a set by Hampton Arts. The yellow stamp is one of my favorite background images from "I See Paris" by Tim Holtz.

No comments:

Post a Comment