Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's Retro Week in Chaos

I used to teach stamping classes at our local stamp store, Stamp-A-Doodle. I started many years ago and I did a bunch of technique classes. Then I approached the owners about doing a once monthly class called Quick Cards. They liked the idea and we gave it a shot. It was a lot of fun and I ended up having several ladies who came every month. We would make four cards with whatever product and techniques I felt like using. I really enjoyed it, but we stopped doing them because I became so busy and because they sold the building.

I have a crazy busy week and we are going camping for a couple of days, so I decided that I'd do a week of "retro" cards. I don't have a lot of new creations to showcase, but I don't want to get an email from Heather wondering if I'm ever going to return to regular blogging, (giggle; she keeps me on track) and so I thought I'd post some of the cards I made for these classes.

I always loved this card. It's a resist technique which is one of my favorites! I used Versamark to stamp the background and then applied Distress Inks and wiped off the extra to reveal the resisted background. Then I stamped the pears in Chalk Ink which mostly covered the resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment