Sunday, February 5, 2012

Not Coming Home Outfit

My sister came over on Friday and we scrapbooked most of the day. We haven't done that in so long! And there was no pressure. We just played and created. Neither of us were trying to finish a project under a looming deadline and so I just putzed around more than I would have.

My mother has always bought the coming home from the hospital outfits for my kids. And since the first two were 9 lbs 3 oz when they were born, she figured a 3-6 month size would be fine for #3 since aren't they supposed get bigger each time?? Well, Nathalie was 6 lbs 13 oz, so the cute little dress was way too big and didn't fit her until she was 8 months old. But we had a fun photo shoot then.

I really like the look that some people can do with their titles using different fonts and different chipboard letters and stamps. I'm not very good at it since I don't have a huge collection of chipboard letters and it takes so much longer. But I attempted it with this layout and I love how it turned out. The NOT was done with chipboard. I wanted shiny white chipboard, but couldn't find the right letters in my white stash. So, I inked them with Versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder. Since I almost never emboss, I didn't have a nice white; it was more of an off white and I wanted it to be shinier, so I ended up adding some Irridescent Peacock Powder that added a bit of shine to it, so overall, I like how it turned out. Then the rest of the lettering was done with various rub ons that I had in my stash.



The collage I did in Photoshop so I knew that the pictures would be cropped exactly as I wanted them. And it's so much easier to make sure everything is even that way. Then I just upload it to Costco and have them print it.

No comments:

Post a Comment