Monday, July 30, 2012

Accept Yourself

I really hate journaling. And for the most part I feel like I suck at it, but I bought a book a year or two ago that changed my perspective and helped me get past it a bit. Sometimes, it's about looking at it from a different perspective. And I look at scrapbooking as a hobby, but more importantly as a gift to my kids. When they're older, they're going to be able to relive the memories and read my advice and hopes for them.

I really love how this layout turned out. The photos are of Nathalie wearing a dress that I sewed for Kayla when she was about a year. It's made from this yellow Winnie the Pooh fabric. I went through this very brief phase where I thought I'd sew clothes for Kayla. Unfortunately, I really sucked at it. Despite having a university education, I couldn't understand the instructions and frankly, sewing is an exact kind of hobby and I'm definitely not an exact kind of crafter, so I gave all my material to my mother in law who is quite good at that stuff.







In the past, I would have written about how cute she was in the dress I made for Kayla, but instead, I just made that one line and instead focused on my disastrous attempt at sewing. I emphasized that it was OK to not be good at things and that you just needed to learn to accept that and move on.

So, while I love how the layout came together and all of that, I mostly love how I journaled my experience to Nathalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment