Sunday, July 15, 2012

Baskets and Boxes, oh my!!

I love baskets. Seriously love any type of container. It's a good thing we don't have one of those Container Stores near me or I would have to work just afford everything I'd want. I love when things are organized and feel anxiety and stress when they aren't. Of course, with three kids, I've had to let a lot of that go, but I still get a thrill when I organize something and it works out. I know this isn't really craft related, but since I like the organizational part and it's kind of creative to me, I thought I'd share anyway. I went in search of baskets to redo my linen closet which was a giant mess.

Normally, I just go buy a ton of stuff, use what works and take back the rest, but I actually measured this time and ended up finding some cool metal baskets at HomeSense. I wanted more, but could only find 3. I thought I'd need more, so I got a couple of these yellow boxes too. Normally, they wouldn't be something I would buy since I didn't totally love the colour, but for some reason, I just thought they'd go well with the metal baskets.

A before shot of my disaster of a closet.



I love how the metal baskets helped to contain the mess. I can't fold those fitted sheets the same and so every pile ends up a different size. I just categorized the baskets according to Queen (our sheets) and Kids sheets. I made labels with Chalkstock (I love that stuff) and cut it out with the Spellbinders Labels die and my Big Shot. I used my 1/8" hole punch and punched a couple of holes and then hung them with these clips I found in my beading stuff. I love when I can use my craft stash stuff for something other than crafting!


 

My yellow boxes worked perfectly to contain some table linens and extra stuff that was nice to be hidden away.



A final after shot. I still need to deal with a bunch of stuff at the top, but that will be another day. And I could probably get rid of the pile of baby blankets since the youngest is now 3, but I haven't quite gotten there yet. When I need the space, I will. Until then, I seem to have enough space for everything!



No comments:

Post a Comment