Saturday, July 14, 2012

Disco Cake

I enjoy decorating cakes. When they interest me anyway. I would never want to do it full time. I find it stressful a bit because I don't totally know what I'm doing and I always make lots of mistakes, but it's still fun and I enjoy the creative side of it. Thankfully, my awesome cousin is generally around to help me. She's taken some of the Wilton classes (I'm planning on taking them this fall and winter).

I was talking to a friend of mine who was planning her daughter's birthday party (her daughter is friends with Kayla). She was having trouble finding a cake that fit with her theme and I volunteered to give it a try. It was a disco theme, so Debbie and I thought we could make a disco ball on top of a cake. In the end, it turned out pretty cool and everyone loved it!!

At the party, I had a couple of the moms try to convince me to make cakes for their kids, but I just kept declining. I like doing it when I have an idea and it's something that interests me, but it's not something I want to do that often!


We did a purple round cake as a base and put the disco ball on top. Then we used my Cricut to cut out some silhouettes of girls with attitude that seemed to fit with the theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment