Friday, October 26, 2012

Excited!!

I scan all of my scrapbook pages. Well, I don't personally scan them, but I take them to the local scrapbook store and pay them to scan them. I am somewhat paranoid about something happening to my albums. I know I could recover all the photos since they're backed up, although any of the old photos would be lost (pre-digital age). But what about all that work? And all the journaling and memories? So, I figure if I get the pages scanned, then at least I can get them reprinted if I ever need to do that. They wouldn't be as nice, but at least the memories would be preserved. So, I scan the pages. But I usually wait until I have a bunch (and am finished a section in a scrapbook) to take them in. In the meantime, however, I still want to share them, so I take photos of them. The problem with the photos, however, is that I can never get them exactly square and straight, so when I blog them, they don't look all that great.

Yesterday I bought a large format scanner! I am so excited. I had wanted one several years ago, but felt I couldn't justify it and then when I decided to get one, I found out the one I had been looking at was discontinued. Since there are so few large format scanners, it was now going to be double the price. I couldn't justify that much money, so that idea went bye. Recently, though, I discovered another one in the same price range as the original one I was eyeing and yesterday, I ordered it. I'm so excited! I'm going to be able to scan my pages and blog them much nicer now. And I won't have to wait to take them in to the store to do it.

I'll also be able to offer a scanning service for those who want it. I haven't finalized prices, but I'll announce that later. I highly recommend getting your pages scanned since it would be very sad to lose all those photos, work and memories if something did happen. It also makes it easier to share albums. You can scan yours and just get it printed for family if they want a copy. It won't be as nice as the original, but you get to keep the original, so since you did the work, that's totally fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment