Thursday, October 25, 2012

Metallic Distress Stains

I finally had some time last week to play with my new Tim Holtz Metallic Distress Stains and I love them. I shouldn't be surprised, since I am always impressed with any product Tim comes out with, but these are really cool. They have a gorgeous metallic sheen, but they're still water based, so mix well with his other Distress Products. I thought they might be cool as a resist, but since they're water based, that didn't work, but it opened up new mixing possibilities.

For this technique, I put down some Metallic Distress Stain and then some regular Distress Stain on my non stick craft sheet and misted with water. Then I placed a piece of white cardstock and smooshed it around in the stains. I pulled and twisted until I got the look I wanted and then put it aside to dry. It looks so gorgeous!! The metallic is nicely marbled throughout the background.





For this card, I used Aged Mahogany Distress Stain and then overstamped it with the same colour Distress Ink so it matches perfectly. The background stamp is an awesome brick background from Unity Stamps and then the butterflies are from Tim Holtz. I added a few Candi and called it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment