Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Hallowe'en

Remember when stencils were all the rage and we all bought a ton?? Well, now they seem to just sit there as I don't really use mine anymore. Then I discovered this cool technique!! It's using Distress Inks and those stencils and gives an awesome background.

First, create a background using Distress Inks and an Ink Blending Tool. Then put a stencil over top and spritz with water. Heat set a bit (be careful not to melt your stencil), then remove your stencil and either heat set or set aside to dry (I'm impatient, so I heat set). As it dries, the areas where there was water will lighten. It gives you an awesome tone on tone dimensional background.

I did this technique for my Hallowe'en card. I used a harlequin stencil and I really like how it turned out! And it worked out so well because the little postmark stamp fit perfectly in my bottle cap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment