Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's been awhile

How does it get to be so long in between posts?? I haven't been stamping much lately. I've done some scrapbooking, but not this week, so I guess I figured I didn't have as much to say. I'll try to fix that. I have tons of card scans, so I'll try to post some of those.

Here is a really quick layout I did of Eric (have I mentioned that I'm almost caught up to his 5th birthday??? Just a few more layouts and I can put his book away and sigh a bit of relief). Eric is very dramatic and I joke that he's my little Drama Queen. I can't imagine him as a teenager. I took this photo and it reminded me of his nature, so I wanted to try to capture that.


It's a pretty basic layout. I matted my photo and then just stamped a little frame with a Magenta stamp. To figure out where I wanted the frame, I just marked the four corners of the photo and then removed it and stamped my frame. I cut out a couple pieces of matching paper using Spellbinders Labels 8, but they seemed to get lost, so I inked the edges in a dark navy ink. I wanted to journal on my one label, so I just measured it and typed it out on the computer and printed it on bond paper. Then, using repositional adhesive, I stuck it over where it had printed on the bond paper and ran it through the printer again and it printed perfectly on my label which I then adhered to my layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment