Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Birthday

A quick post for today. I was too busy creating earlier to blog, but the good news is that I should have some more layouts to share in the coming days. My sister came over today and in between a ton of other things, I managed to finish a soccer layout from yesterday and do three single layouts from Christmas last year.

I loved the distress ink/cuttlebug folder technique I spoke of the other day. I used one of the backgrounds I created on the following card:


I used Worn Lipstick and Dusty Concord Distress inks and my new favorite Cuttlebug Folder: Seeing Spots. I love how the big spots react with this technique. The cupcake (it is a single stamp that I just stamped three times) and saying are from a new set by Hot off the Press: Magical Birthday. I stamped the cupcake with Ancient Page Coal Black and then used the same Distress Inks from the background to paint them in. I just used a damp waterbrush and picked up the ink colour directly from the pad and painted. It was very quick and easy. I punched the bottom scallop border with one of the Tim Holtz Border Dies (Scallops). The rest is pretty self explanatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment