Sunday, November 7, 2010

New Embossing Folders from Sizzix & Revamped Colorwash from Ranger

I love Embossing Folders. They're so great for creating textured paper. I, like many others, have a ton of them. I recently went through and labeled all of them so that when I use them, I know the name. It also helps me see quickly which is the front of the folder. The Cuttlebug folders have their writing on the front, but a bunch of the Sizzix ones have the writing on the back, so it can get confusing.

I was going through my some new stuff and discovered four new Embossing Folder sets from Sizzix; all Christmas themed.
Christmas & Thin Iced

Plaid & Snowflakes


Powdered Sugar & Snow Globe

Sugar & Starry Night

I wish that Sizzix wouldn't do the sets of two and would let us just purchase them individually. It always seems that in each set, there is one I love and the other I end up getting because, well, I love the one. I'm thinking of maybe throwing it out there that if people are interested in just one folder, then I'd keep a list and if someone wanted the other one, I'd order it and split it for them.

As well, Ranger has recently revamped their Colorwash Sprays. They've gone to a smaller (and therefore easier to hold in your hand) bottle and made the mister much finer. They have a great video right here. Tim Holtz is doing the video and it's full of cool stuff. I have a few of the older sprays that I haven't used in awhile, and I'm motivated to get them down and see what I can do with them! They're very vivid and I can't wait to try them with the sticky backed canvas.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on this "have to buy two to get the one you want" folder. I would be interested in participating on such a list as you suggest -- only thing is I bet you get a lot of requests for one of the folders in a set and not so much for the other :)

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will start doing that I think, Sheryl! Might as well. You never know who might want the second folder!!!

    ReplyDelete