Monday, November 1, 2010

Demo Night Demo

Well, it's been so busy the last week, I haven't had any time to post. I wanted to share what I did at my Demo Night so that those who couldn't attend could still check it out.

I subscribe to The Technique Junkies and absolutely love it. I think it's one of the best things I get in the mail. It's chocked full of great ideas and techniques and most of them use stuff I already have which is a major bonus. I don't seem to have a lot of time to look at blogs and stuff online, so I really appreciate being able to sit down with these and just play.

The technique I chose for last Tuesday was Faded Texture. It used Distress Inks (which I love) and Embossing Folders. What a great combination. You need glossy cardstock and add your distress inks (two colours). I used my Ink Blending Tool. Then spritz the top side of your embossing folder and run your cardstock through. It will fade some and I love the little water droplet marks too. The Distress Inks are meant to react well with water and it gives you a fabulous result. Here is card I did as our Make & Take:


I used Crushed Olive & Forest Moss Distress Inks and then ran it through the Tall Pines Tim Holtz folder. There is a coordinating Tree stamp in the Tim Holtz Reindeer Flight set which I stamped in Olive Pastel Chalk Ink. I stamped the saying (from another Tim Holtz set: Just Thoughts) on vellum with Coal Black Ancient Page and then adhered it with a Memo Pin.

Here are a couple different examples of this background.


That one was done with Faded Jeans & Dusty Concord Inks and then the Seeing Spots folder.

This was done with Scattered Straw & Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks and then put through the Tim Holtz Patchwork Texture Fade.

I think this is one of my new favorite techniques. It's so quick and gives fantastic results.

No comments:

Post a Comment