Monday, October 25, 2010

More Grungepaper

I really love this stuff. I will no longer buy chipboard and have to look through it only to find I'm missing one letter for my title, or that it's not the right size. I just keep packs of Grungepaper handy and I can cut whatever I want. I've been successful cutting it with my Cricut (max pressure, really sticky mat, multi cut), using my Tim Holtz dies, and recently, using my Spellbinders dies. I wasn't sure if it would work since they're thinner, but it was great. One pass; no problems.

I wanted to post a layout I did with Grungepaper. It's a picture of Eric with his Granny. I cut the title and hearts out of Grungepaper and made them the exact size I wanted. Then I inked them with black ink using my Ink Blending Tool. Finally, I stamped on them using the new Staz On Metallic Gold ink. There are 4 metallic colours in the new Staz On and they're awesome: Platinum, Gold, Silver & Copper. They're a bit of a pain in that you need to reink them each time, but they're so, well, metallic. And because they're Staz-On, they're permanent and can be stamped on anything. I used to love my Encore inks because they were so shimmery, but I was so limited in how I could use them since they wouldn't dry on anything glossy. The new Staz-On metallic inks fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment