Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Smile

I wanted to do another quick layout today, but all of a sudden it was 8:00 and I hadn't gotten into my craft room. But I did it.

One of the reasons I wanted to start blogging was to showcase different ways to use product. I love reading about what others do and so I wanted to share too. And I didn't want to inundate my customers with a ton of emails, so those who are interested can read at their leisure. I'm going to be ramping it up a bit and starting some contests and giving away some prizes. Stay tuned!

I have done most of my major layouts for Eric's 4th year. I have a few single layouts left, then his birthday layout and a couple miscellaneous ones with extra photos I haven't yet used. I found this picture and knew this is the page I wanted to do. Although the photo is just a year and a half old, I can't believe that's him. He's changed so much! We have a big rock in front of our house and the kids love to sit on it and pose for photos. This one was taken Easter 2009. I knew I wanted a simple layout and so I basically just matted the photo and added a title. The title is made from Grungepaper which I love! You can cut it with a die cut or I cut it with my Cricut. Then you can make whatever shape or letter, in whatever size you want. Then you can colour, spritz, ink, stamp on it. It is just about impossible to wreck it. Even if you soak it with liquid, it doesn't peel or get all fuzzy.

Grungepaper has a right and wrong side. The right side is soft, kind of like suede. The back side isn't soft and has a criss-cross type pattern. I cut my Grungepaper with my Cricut. I got a new mat out because my old one wasn't very sticky and you want lots of stick. I typed in my title and then cut it on multicut with high pressure. It was fine. I just used my regular (not deep) blade. Then I inked my letters with Blue Iris chalk ink and I put my layout together.

For those interested in Grungepaper, it now comes in 6x12 pack (6 sheets to a package). I have several packs in stock. You can email me or post if you'd like one (they're $6).

The colours don't show exceptionally well (they're navy blue and tan) as it's late and there isn't a lot of light. I wanted to post tonight so I couldn't wait to take the picture tomorrow. Sorry!

I'm going to have a draw from comments and send out a little prize to a random poster, so please let me know what you think.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jacquie -- thanks for sending out an email announcing your blog. Love your layouts that you have shown -- simple is better in my book and these layouts focus on your cute son not the embellishments. Will be watching for more.

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this page. I use to do the famcy schmancy pages with all the embellishments and I have found over the years that pages such as this one focus' on the picture just everything else crowding the page. I love Eric's smile in this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very nice page & I've been wondering for some time why you didn't have a blog<>now, here you are! CONGRATS & can't wait to follow you through out your blogging travels......you'll have SO much to offer...THX.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am glad you sent out an email letting us know about the blog. I know you have talked about doing a blog for some time and now it is a reality. Congrats!
    I have gone back and read every post you have done from the beginning and I want to say thanks for posting some of the projects you have done. It inspires me to create more too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I am SO proud of you....and in awe of your creativity and productivity!! Especially with three little busy children!!! Looking forward to seeing what is coming up next!

    ReplyDelete