Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

While technically today is Thanksgiving, we celebrated yesterday. Both yesterday and today, though, I reflected on how thankful I am.

There are the obvious things for which to be thankful: my wonderful husband, my beautiful children, my close-knit family. We are lucky in so many ways and I try to acknowledge these throughout the year.

I am truly thankful for my hobby though. I am so lucky to involved in stamping and scrapbooking. This hobby has afforded me so many wonderful opportunities and friends. I have a ton of friends with whom I share this interest. It's fun to be able to get together and to stamp and chat. I am part of two wonderful stamping groups in real life (Pretty Mean Stampers and Wye Not) and an incredible online group (Canadian Stamp Talk). Through both groups, I have met and chatted with people who share my desire to get our fingers dirty and see what we can create.

I'm also very thankful that stamping has given me opportunities I would not have otherwise had. I have been very blessed to have been able to teach at one of our local stores, "Stamp-A-Doodle" and through the encouragement of others, I have submitted my cards and have been honoured enough to be published. I also gave thanks yesterday and today for my business. Through it, I have been able to get a lot of the new product and have been able to play with it. It's always exciting when a box arrives and I can open it and rip through it like a child at Christmas.

Yesterday, Kayla wanted to make a Thanksgiving card, so we spent some time together in my craft room. I was flipping through a "Scrapbook and Cards Today" magazine and a layout caught my eye, so I just copied it. I'm so far behind, that I often flip through magazines to get an idea and then take it from there.

Again, I used one of my Basic Grey packs (this time it was "Oliver"). I needed 6 coordinating patterned papers and it would have taken me forever to look through my stash of papers to find 6 that I liked together (and that colours matched). So instead, I just flipped through my pack and picked out 6 pieces. I then cut everything, sewed the squares and stuck it all down. Then to finish it off, I just added some of the die cut stickers and used the letters to create the title. It was so quick and it took the stress out of having to get everything to match. Here are the photos.

Oliver Paper pack by Basic Grey.

Layout








1 comment:

  1. Good Job Jacquie, you really go once you get started girl! Any page would be cute with that face on it, don't you think.

    ReplyDelete