Saturday, October 9, 2010

Published

OK, now that I've gotten the intro done, I wanted to post that I've had two cards published in the last month.

First, a card I actually quite like that was published in "Take Ten." I love that magazine as my style is very quick and simple. I am not very good at collage and while I admire the gorgeous, intricate cards others can create, I just can't seem to find time or skill to do that. So, I stick to what I can do for now.



Here is a link to the layout with my card on it. My creation was the brown Eiffel Tower one.

The other day, I got a copy of "The Stamper's Sampler" and there was one of my old Christmas cards in it. It was exciting. They sent me a general link to the magazine, but my card wasn't on any of the pages that they featured.



I used to submit more often, but somehow life got in the way. It's going to be a goal for me to submit on a more regular basis now though.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your publications! I haven't submitted in SO long....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie - that's amazing! Congrats! Looking forward to seeing pics of some of your creations here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting published. I've been wanting to submit but keep chickening out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy - I haven't either really. I had a bunch of old samples from Teaching over the last year or so and they already had instructions typed out, so I just sent those in. Nothing new or exciting.

    Frances - thanks!

    Tasha - I was very scared in the beginning too. Your stuff is gorgeous though and would definitely be published.

    ReplyDelete