Sunday, October 10, 2010

A 10 minute layout

I haven't scrapbooked in months. I am so far behind and it's overwhelming. Seriously overwhelmed. How am I ever going to catch up?

I have all my photos organized, but the sheer volume makes my head spin. I love taking photos and so, I have entirely too many to begin with. The other day, the kids and I played in the leaves for a couple of hours. I was talking to Glenn that night and told him I took 200 photos and needed to go through them. His reply? Sadly, I don't think that's an exaggeration.

The hardest part is to start though. I always hate starting to stamp or scrap after not having done it for awhile. I have to find my creativity which often takes awhile and the first few poor cards and layouts seem to pay the price. I know that once I get into the groove, I actually look forward to going into my room and creating though, so the journey is worth it.

My sister was over the other day, and we keep talking about getting back into the groove. It's hard with 6 kids between us, but I told her we were just going to start. I opened up a "Creating Keepsakes" magazine and on the last page, there is always a 10 minute layout complete with instructions, so we grabbed our pictures and started.

I've started ordering Basic Grey paper packages lately. I love that all the papers in the package go together and they also include a page of die cut stickers and another page of die cut letters (all self-adhesive). I know I can just grab a few things, put them together and it will work. So, that's what I did. I used the "Pyrus" paper package this time.



Once we got started, it truly was a 10 minute layout. It's very simple, but that's OK. I quite like it and what really matters is I did it.

Here is the finished layout. It's just a picture of Eric and I wrote on the little journalling card: "I love your big brown eyes." Nothing earth-shattering, but that's fine too!




I actually have one more of these kits in stock if anyone is interested. As a note, I always keep my collections together in the plastic in which they came. Then, I know when I'm doing a project, I can just grab the pack and everything in it will match.

I see on other people's blogs that their pictures all look very pretty. I will get there. I'm not sure how to do that for 12x12" layouts. I do eventually get them scanned and can post them then, but I'd rather post them when I actually do them. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has some!

For those having turkey today, have a wonderful day. I'll do a Thanksgiving post tomorrow.

Jacquie

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! The more I see of Pyrus, the more I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasha - It's not paper I would normally buy, but I'm trying to push myself.

    Thanks, Laura!

    ReplyDelete