Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Wedding Card

I needed two wedding cards. Glenn's cousin is getting married this weekend in BC and I want to send the card with his parents who are attending. One of his friends also recently got married and so I needed another card. I sat down last night, high from Thanksgiving turkey and excited since it's been awhile since I stamped. I was optimistic since I had some recent success with scrapbooking, however, it was a struggle.

I had a kind of idea in my head, but I couldn't see it clearly and I definitely couldn't get it down on paper. I find it frustrating when I struggle and often, I walk away, however, I needed to get these cards done as I was under time constraints. I think that likely contributed to my creative issues.

I pushed through and in the end, I finished with a card that is OK. I long ago gave myself permission to not like everything I make. Sometimes OK is good enough. And just because I don't love it, doesn't mean someone else will feel the same way. I discovered that a few years ago when I was submitting cards to magazines on a regular basis. They always seemed to publish the cards I didn't like nearly as much and seemed to ignore the ones I loved.

So, yesterday, OK was good enough.


I used the Spellbinders Labels 4 to cut out a teal panel. I stamped Love (Art Impressions) with Dark Brown chalk ink. Then I embossed the panel with the Cuttlebug Victorian folder. I stamped two hearts (Clearly in Love set by Penny Black) with Dark Brown ink on white cardstock. It's hard to see, but I coloured and traced various portions with a Stardust pen to add some glitter. I cut the hearts out and mounted them on the panel with foam dots.

Now comes the hard part. Writing the sentiment inside. But seeing as it's Glenn's cousin and his friend, I think I'll leave that part up to him.

3 comments:

  1. You are right Jacquie, sometimes ok is better than nothing at all!(this is not a critique)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card, simple and elegant (IMHO). Although, I usually like all the stuff you create! You are making me want to scrapbook and make cards now. I haven't in so long!

    ReplyDelete