Thursday, October 14, 2010

Core'dinations

I didn't get a chance to stamp or scrapbook today. Sadly, work took over and I had to actually get some things done. I'm really hoping my sister comes over tomorrow and scrapbooks so that I can keep my motivation going.

I did want to post though. I found a scrapbook page I did a couple of months ago. It's another one of Eric (I have been working on his album and trying to get it caught up since I'm not as far behind in his as I am in Kayla's). We were at my parent's acreage when one of the mares foaled. The kids got to see a baby horse less than an hour old. Although Eric was a bit young, I still thought it was an incredible experience.

I did a simple page with some patterned paper and then layered some core'dinations brown paper on top. I sanded the edges and distressed it a bit to make it fit in with the theme. Then I just needed to mat the photos and stick it all down.

I do want to thank everyone who has visited and posted. I really enjoy reading the comments. I'm going to run my contest for another day or two and then do a draw. I'll post the winner this weekend. Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jacquie!

    Nice to see this blog started!
    I love the layout of it and your SB layouts too!
    Simple is VERY ok when you are behind....
    I am also about 5 years behind and just came home and printed 800 photos from our recent week away in California! I feel your pain about cutting down and then creating layouts.
    I really LOVE this foal layout. Very earthy and natural looking.
    Taking pictures of the layouts like you did on the stand and fabric behind looks really good!
    You can upload right away and it also makes it difficult for people to claim them as thier own. (cards)
    I always learn so much from you!
    I look forward to future posts!

    Cindy Connell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cindy!! I need to find a way to take nice pictures of the layouts. It would help if I could do it during the day I think. I do eventually get all my layouts scanned.

    ReplyDelete