Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Scrapbooking Kits

I've started ordering Scrapbook Kits as a means to help me scrapbook quicker. One of the challenges I face when I sit down to put together a layout is making different patterned papers and embellishments match. I can usually do colours, but them matching the hues and tones can sometimes be difficult. And I tend to stick with monochromatic colours because I know I can make them work. I find it more challenging to put completely different colours together. Sometimes, it's a mental block as I know that red and green are complementary, but whenever I think of them together, I think Christmas and so I don't do it. But I need to get past that because when I do manage to get it to work, I really like the result.

I was at the scrapbook store the other day buying some soccer paper and embellishments so that I could do Eric's soccer layout (which has a group photo, so I don't want to post it here) and I noticed these really pretty glitter chipboard Embellishments by My Mind's Eye. There was a display with matching paper, so I bought the chipboard embellishment sheet, and two each of two pretty double sided patterned papers. From that, I created 8 different pages with my Christmas photos from last year. They are all part of a larger theme, but yet each one is unique to its purpose. I was so happy when I was done and the pages came together really quickly. I think I did all of them in less than 2 days with my sister(while that sounds like a lot of time, that includes dealing with work and house stuff and 6 kids between us). I know I should probably split them up into several posts, but I just wanted to showcase what you can do with matching papers and embellishments. And again, a page/card/layout doesn't have to take hours for it still to be nice. I actually quite like most of these and they came together very quickly.










4 comments:

  1. You should check out the kits that my new work creates.... http://www.mondaynightclass.ca You can buy them one at a time or do a subscription. They are mostly 2 page layouts with complete instructions. Lots of fun stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, those look awesome!!! Are you designing kits too??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope... just doing their web based work for them. Shannon (Grant) Tompkins designs for them though... on the main page, the one with the cold hands fuzzy hearts or whatever is one of hers

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool, Nancy! I was wondering if you had been sucked into the dark side of scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete