Sunday, January 16, 2011

Collage

I love when people do these layouts with a ton of the same sized pictures on them. It looks so cool. Unfortunately, I can seldom get my photos to work. I can't seem to cut them down enough and get them lined up evenly!

Then one day I had an epiphany. I created the collage page digitally and then just had it printed. And I did the other page traditionally. I like to see different layers and mats and the depth of traditional scrapbooking, but like the versatility of digital. This way I can have both.

I opened up the 16 photos and cropped each of them to 2.75"x2.75" which meant I could keep much of the photo (as opposed to getting it printed as a 4x6" photo and then trying to crop it down). I then created a new file in Photoshop (but you can use any photo editing program; I've heard good things about Picasa by Google which is free). I then just started adding photos and lining them up until they were all there. It was very quick and simple. Costco will print 12x12" photos so, I just uploaded it to them and picked it up the next day.

I really like the other page too. It's basically just paper layered on top of each other and then glitter letters. The letters were plain chipboard and I used heat and stick powder and then added glitter when it was hot and sticky. It worked great. Some of the glitter has come off part of the one letter as Kayla kept touching it, but the rest is still going strong.





1 comment:

  1. What a lovely layout idea - and beautiful pictures to boot too!

    ReplyDelete