Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's the last of Eric for awhile



I am (hopefully) posting my last Eric layout for awhile. I am hoping to have lots of stamping, as well as Kayla, Nathalie & Family layouts coming up in the next few months.

I was stamping a bit today. OK, not really stamping, but sort of. I haven't made cards in forever, but it was my niece's birthday party today and Kayla & Eric each wanted to make Mackenzie a card, so I hung out in my craft room with each of them. While they were busy stamping, colouring, glittering and applying stickers, I played. I can't remember the last time I played. I got my new Technique Junkie's newsletter a week or two ago and it's been sitting on my desk waiting for me. So, I leafed through it and found a technique to try. I got some of it done, but alas, didn't have time to actually stamp and put the card together. I might head in there now to do that so I can post it tomorrow.

So, on to Eric. I pulled this idea from a layout in a magazine. I used another one of my kits (Hot Chocolate by Fancy Pants) so that the papers would match and then basically cut them to fit the empty spots. I wasn't sure as I was doing it as there is a lot of colour on this page. I tend to do a lot of monochromatic, but I figured since the papers were supposed to go together, I'd just go with it. I think the striped paper pulled it together.


So, hopefully tomorrow, I'll have something new to show! I did make a wedding card in December, but I can't seem to find the picture/scan of it. Hopefully I'll find the digital version one day so I can share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment