Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year

It's been awhile since I posted. Life just got crazy and when that happens, something has to give. And as usual, it's the fun stuff! I did almost no stamping or scrapbooking and definitely no blogging over the holidays, but I'm really hoping to get back into it!

I was in such a good groove for awhile in December, but it's that whole time thing.

I am seriously only 2 or 3 layouts away from being caught up in Eric's album and I am committing to finish those in the next week or two. I feel like I've been saying, "I'm almost caught up" for months, but as of this time last year, I was only at his 1st birthday, so I did 4 years worth of memories in one year. That's not too bad, I guess. I also did a Portrait album and started a few layouts for my family album. I held demo nights and open houses, tried out new product and techniques, taught classes until June, so I guess when I look at it that way, I did quite a bit.

Here is a layout I did recently. I wrote down all the funny things Eric said for awhile and then I dug them out and put them on a layout. Some of you might remember a layout which looked very similar to this one with the 9 coordinating squares on each side of the layout. Instead of sewing each square, though, I distressed it with the Distress-It-All. It's the same sketch, but a different look. So, recycle your ideas; they won't all look the same!!



So, Happy New Year and let's get creative!

2 comments:

  1. Missed your posts over the holidays. Glad to be keeping up with what you're creating again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks, Melanie. That just made my day!!

    ReplyDelete