Friday, January 7, 2011

I did it!!

Today marked the end of my work on Eric's album for awhile! I can't explain how happy that makes me. It's been fun getting him caught up, but it gets a bit boring working on the same thing for too long. I did intersperse his layouts with a few family album ones, but now I will focus on the girls' books. I am very far behind in those!! And I'll keep plugging away at the family album. The nice thing about the family book is that there aren't a ton of layouts to do each year, so once I'm caught up with it, it will be fairly easy to maintain.

I'm back to simple layouts. I've kind of lost my mojo, so it's been a bit of work to get it back. I've been flipping through magazines and looking for ideas. I'm fine with that since I always make it my own anyway. Sometimes, it's a colour combination that jumps out; or an embellishment or a page map. At any rate, the finished layout never looks like what is in the magazine which is a good thing. I've put my own spin on it!

This layout is one I did for a special verbal exchange I have with Eric all the time:

Me: Eric. Can I tell you a secret?
Eric: Yes.
Me: I love you.
Eric: Oh Mom. That's not a secret.

We went to Build-A-Bear in September for his birthday and built a Darth Vadar bear (he's obsessed with Star Wars at the moment). We recorded us saying that little exchange above. He was so excited and I know that down the road it will be fun to listen to it.

The layout itself is pretty simple.


It's basically just a piece of patterned paper with the upper corners rounded, then some ribbon. I chose a nice fat ribbon to take up more room. I journaled along the bottom and then highlited the exchange on the red strips.

I'm starting to get my creative juices flowing again and am excited to create, so hopefully I can keep up with this for awhile!

2 comments: