Monday, January 31, 2011

A Demo Night

It's been awhile since I had a Demo Night, so I've scheduled one for this Thursday, February 3 from 7 - 9 pm if you are interested and able to attend.

I really enjoy doing Demo Nights. It's always fun to have people around and have that energy pulsing. It's also really good for me since it gives me a push to play and find something cool to demonstrate.

With that in mind, today was the day. My sister is over scrapbooking and I pulled out all my Technique Junkies newsletters. I love those things!! Normally, when I'm looking for a technique, I will work backwards through them, but this time, I grabbed an issue from a couple of years ago and flipped through it. There was a technique which called for Shimmer Paints, but did not give a name brand or anything, so I remember skipping it since I didn't know what product they wanted. Today, however, I had a lightbulb moment and thought I'd try Lumiere Paints. When I first started selling stuff, I ordered several jars of Lumieres because I knew I had heard of a technique with them somewhere, but to this day, I haven't found out what that was. It's OK, though, because, today, I learned something I can do with them.

I'm not going to detail the technique until after the Demo Night so that those who come can oooh and aaaah, but I will share it sometime afterwards.

So, here is a little sneak peak.


I hope to see you Thursday. If you can come, just let me know so I can prepare!

No comments:

Post a Comment