Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm Back

I got back super late Sunday night (really early Monday morning) and have been feeling rather overwhelmed as I try to get caught up. Needless to say, there hasn't been any crafting going on. I am quite excited to start working on my Vegas scrapbook. I just need to wait for a bunch of my friends to send me the photos and then I'm going to see what I can do with it all. I have a bunch of ideas in my head, so hopefully I don't lose them before I start.

In the meantime, however, here is an older layout of mine. My sister was over one day and we wanted to scrapbook, but weren't feeling creative. So, I flipped through a magazine and stopped on the first simple layout I saw and made us both create based on that. Sometimes doing those quick, simple, copied layouts really gets me excited and motivated again. The heart is Grungeboard which I inked using Distress Inks. Very quick and simple embellishment.


I also want to say a huge Congratulations to my friend, Jackie, who was one of the top 5 winners on the Flourishes Blog Contest. You can see her card here. You can visit her awesome blog here.

3 comments:

  1. As always, nice picture and sometimes the simply layouts are what you need so as not to detract from that beautiful smile.
    I know this might be a bit much to ask of yourself Jacquie but you could jot down a few of your 'vegas ideas' so that you don't 'lose them' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacquie,
    It means a lot to me when you mention me on your blog. What a cute layout very simple but very elegant at the same time. I hope you had a great time in Lost Wages..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie - LOL!! I might have to do them.

    Jackie - I'm so glad!

    ReplyDelete