Thursday, March 10, 2011

Black & White & Red all Over

I love the colour combination of black, white and red. It seems so strong and it really catches my eye.

Today, I used the negative background of the card I posted yesterday: Fired Brick, Dusty Concord & Retro Circles Embossing Folder. I had been getting back into the groove by working off of sketches, but this time it just kind of came together on its own. Not to say that I didn't struggle, but I had an idea in my head and then just went for it.

I cut the flowers using one of my backgrounds (I think from the left over scrap from yesterday's card) using my Tim Holtz die. But they were lacking some punch, so I stamped on them and added the black brad. I was getting somewhere. Then I put them on little red squares to make them stand out. I cut the background to fit and then matted it with a very thin black border. I tried putting that directly on the red card but it didn't pop enough, so I added a white background, but that was boring. Remembering my newfound love for black, I stamped a black background. I used the same background stamp from "I See Paris" that I used yesterday. I love how it's a nice background (and big), but not too cluttered. Then I tried stamping a saying in Fired Brick at the bottom. You can't really read it,but it added to the depth, so I just left it.

No comments:

Post a Comment