Thursday, March 17, 2011

In a Funk

I've been in a funk lately and haven't been stamping much. I'm really tired, as I haven't been sleeping well and I've been stressed which does not bode well for being creative.

Today my funk continued and I really just wanted to go take a nap, but I have too much to do. I needed to make a phone call after 1:00 and I had a bit of time, so I sent myself to my craft room to create.

I had been reading my friend Nancy's blog and she posted a one dimensional card that I really liked. I decided I'd start today by being simple and challenged myself to create a card with just stamps and inks. No embellishments or layers.

It was hard. You would think if it was just a bit of stamping and some inks, you could whip it off so quickly, but alas, I seemed to fight with it a bit. I don't really love the end result, but it was good enough to be considered done so I could move on.


For this card, I used three sets: Just Believe (Believe & the main tree), Slight Alterations (for the background) and Reindeer Flight (the background trees). I stamped in Distress Inks (Scattered Straw for the background, Forest Moss for the main tree, Crushed Olive for the background trees and Aged Mahogany for Believe).

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy I provided you a bit of inspiration!! I think you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nancy. I loved that flower card you did. I was looking it at on my phone and so commenting was beyond my skill level, but I did love it. This card is OK. Done is still better than not done!

    ReplyDelete