Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yellow Telling Time

The other day, when I was playing with my new technique, I did this background first. I really liked how the Seeing Spots folder turned out. I used Scattered Straw and Dried Marigold Distress Inks.

I had just finished making all these backgrounds which was the fun and easy part. Then came figuring out what to do with them. It had been awhile since I had stamped and it always takes me a little while to get back into the groove. So, I grabbed my Sketch book (I referenced it in another post as well) and started flipping through it until I found a sketch that caught my eye. Then I just started adding elements and in the end, I really like how it turned out. I love how the black went with the yellow. The stamps are Tim Holtz, as are the embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment