Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Camping

A couple of years ago, I decided I needed to deal with the plethora of magazines which were taking over my craft room. I almost never looked through them and so they were taking up space which could be used for more product! I kept a couple of magazines that I really liked (Take Ten) and went through all my scrapbooking magazines and ripped out pages with layouts and ideas that interested me. Then I put the pages in a drawer. When I'm not feeling inspired, then I go through the drawer and rifle through the pages.

When I told people what I was doing, they looked at me like I was crazy. How can you get rid of those magazines, they asked? For me, the answer was simple. I wasn't looking through them. I'd get overwhelmed looking at all of them, so now I just have some pages to flip through. I did keep all my Simple Scrapbook magazines since they're totally my style and I decided I'd keep one years worth of Creating Keepsakes magazines. After a year, I'd go through and rip out the pages that I liked. That way, I'd never have a ton of magazines doing nothing.

I went to scrapbook the other night and grabbed an inspiration sheet and it was a cool paper piecing camping type one. I don't normally do paper piecing, but one in awhile, I really like it. This one was quite quick to put together and while it's somewhat cute, I still really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment