Monday, November 7, 2011

Elmo

When Nathalie was born, my friend, Melanie made her the cutest card. It's a Sesame Street card with Cookie Monster, Elmo, Oscar the Grouch & Big Bird all done from punches. It looks so cool and I imagine it would have taken forever to make (probably not forever, but it's a lot more finicky than I could ever do). I've kept it on display in my craft room because I just love it.


On Saturday, we celebrated my nephew's first birthday. He is quite the Elmo fanatic. I used Melanie's card as an inspiration and then checked out the internet for ideas on how to make it just an Elmo card since there was no way I'd have the patience to make 4 faces. In the end, I just made an Elmo head card. I used my Spellbinders Circle and Scalloped Circle sets and it was very quick.I cut two scalloped circles and then just cut a piece of white cardstock to 2x2.5" and scored it at 1" and folded it in half. I then attached it to each scalloped circle to join them into a card that opened. The mouth is a large circle cut in half.

Overall, the card was so quick, I was surprised.

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe you still have that card hanging around. I love Muppet characters and the single face of Elmo you did is great! I gotta try me one of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melanie!! I love that card and I totally kept it. Thanks for the comment on my Elmo. He was actually easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! I'm showing that to my son later. :-)

    ReplyDelete