Friday, November 11, 2011

Peace

I was at a retreat last weekend and my goal was to finish my Calendar Swap pages and my Christmas Cards. I sat down a few days before I left to start my calendar prototype. I was very nervous as typically, it takes me hours to finish a prototype that I like. Well, that day, it just came together. I did a few things and then it was done. It's very simple, but I love it.

I started out by wanting to cut something out of the Cricut and I found some cool flower spray. They turned out to be poppies.

Then I found that I was missing some texture, so I stamped a little background script stamp (Stamping Bella). I wanted a stamp for the bottom right and I chose a scripty Peace one.

I had November and I wasn't even trying to do a Remembrance Day theme, but it just happened. It was so bizarre, but I love how it turned out. So simple. So perfect for Peace.



Take a moment today to remember all those who have fought and who are still fighting for our freedom. One of my strongest, most powerful memories is from standing on Juno Beach in Northern France. It is the beach the Canadians landed on for D-Day and imagining what happened there years ago really hit me hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment