Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Asian Shimmer

I really struggled with this card and while I don't love it, I like it well enough, so I thought I'd share. I created the background with Gold Lumiere and Fired Brick Distress Ink using the technique I described in my last post. You can really see the gold which I love. It had a very Asian look to me, so I stamped the bamboo on the background. Then I stopped because nothing I did after that looked good. Nothing. So, I walked away for a couple of days and came back to it. I then had the thought to use my Cricut (Pagoda cartridge) and just cut out an Asian symbol and mount that instead of trying to find a stamp that I could make work. I added a bit of embroidery floss and called it a day.

1 comment:

  1. Jacquie! You're so talented! I am planning a scrapbooking weekend (for my wedding) in the near future with a friend and I may turn to your blog for inspiration, as I am not at all creative!
    Oh ps...it's Kelsey stalking you ;)

    ReplyDelete