Saturday, February 19, 2011

Orange? Seriously?

Anyone know knows me, knows that I have my go to colours. And orange is not one of them. At all.

That said, I specifically ordered this Basic Grey paper package because it contained colours that were so outside my box. And I felt creative today, so I grabbed it. I flipped through the paper and this striped paper caught my eye. I put it on orange paper because I didn't think I could go crazy with colour. Baby steps, right?? I kind of liked it. I pulled a darker purple from it to mat the photos so they didn't get lost in the psychedelic paper and I really liked how it looked, so I did lettering in the same colour (I cut the title from chipboard and then from the purple and just glued the purple onto the chipboard so I could have custom coloured raised letters).

The package comes with embellishment stickers, so I just added one. This particular package has stickers that I can't see myself using (some owls and orange trees and such), but that's OK. I love that everything goes together. I added another purple accent piece under the sticker.

I love the look when people write and doodle on their pages. Unfortunately, I hate my writing and I can't doodle to save my life. It's really bad. I do keep reading how important it is to write on at least some of your layouts and so I try. I wrote a little bit along the top of the paper and then just added dots around the striped paper. It turned out adequate and even looks good from far enough away. I used my Copic Multiliners which I love. It's a set of 7 black pens ranging from micro to thick. And they're black. Really black, which I love. I brought them in last fall and have sold quite a few sets (they're $22).

I don't know that I'll be filling my album with a bunch of orange and lime green layouts, but who knows what will happen when I sit down to scrapbook again. Overall, I really like the layout even though it is so outside my box. It's fun to push the limits.


No comments:

Post a Comment