Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I've been on a roll lately and feeling creative. I had an idea for a card and thought I'd just go for it.

I have a Cricut which I quite like and use for scrapbooking all the time, but I don't think to use it when I make a card, but I thought I'd give it a try. I cut a heart out of Core'dinations paper and then embossed it with the Seeing Spots Cuttlebug Folder. I quite like that folder! Then I sanded the embossed areas and some of the edges to give it that cool distressed look that is so easy with the Core'dinations paper. I stamped a background image. It's from the "I See Paris" set by Tim Holtz (that is one of my favorite sets). Originally, I kind of wanted a background over the whole card, but it wasn't big enough, so I just did it on an angle so it wouldn't look awkward and I think it worked well. Then I tied a little ribbon on the heart and layered it all on the card. I stamped "Je t'aime" (Heidi Swapp) with black ink and called it a day. Then I made two more so I could give them to the kids.

I really love it when a plan comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment