Friday, February 18, 2011

Gift Cards

Tonight is my local stamp club Christmas Social. We always have it in January, but circumstances required moving it to February. It's all good.

This year, we are doing a gift card exchange. We each filled in a sheet about what stores we liked and then our names were cut off and our sheets exchanged. It's kind of exciting. Anyway, one of my friends asked me to bring a gift card to my store for her to give to her person. I had some old ugly printed ones, but I wanted to play a bit and see if I could make something better. And I did.

I started out with scrap paper and thin chipboard. I cut two pieces of paper and one piece of chipboard to 2.5x3.5" (ATC size). I stamped Kayric (the name of my store) and the amount ($25) on the front and then I stamped the Tim Holtz bird and a Tim saying on the back and stuck them altogether. I rounded the corners with my Round It All (I love that tool; it will cut through chipboard) and I distressed the edges with my Distress It All (I also love that tool). Then I just inked the edges with Chalk Ink. I loved how it turned out, so I made two more generic ones with a blank dollar amount that I can just fill in with whatever. I don't get a ton of requests for gift certificates, but I do get enough that it's worthwhile to have one or two on hand.

I am still so excited about how these turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment